Brian Shimer served as the CEO for four faith nonprofits for 33 years before becoming Executive Director of the Genesis Good Hearth HOA Center. He brings with him his extensive experience in healing interpersonal conflicts, community development, facilitation and mediation experience with various groups, couples and families.
Genesis Team Role:
Executive Director, Genesis Good Hearth HOA Center
Couples and Family Mediation
• Master of Divinity, Asbury Theological Seminary, 1988
• Bachelor of Arts, University of California at Santa Barbara, German Literature and Language, with Honors, 1981.
Publications and Media:
• Community Association Institute
• United Christian Ashrams, International Board of Directors
• California Winter Ashram, Director
Family Promise of Beaverton – combating homelessness in Beaverton
Home Plate – An outreach to homeless youth in the Beaverton area
Westside Journey – director
Brian was born and raised in Turlock, California. He met Karen, an Oregon native, and they married in 1981. Brian and Karen have four grown daughters and a growing number of grandchildren, now numbering five. He loves swimming, especially in cold rivers and lakes, reading, puzzling, hiking, traveling, writing, storytelling and becoming part of his grandchildren’s adventure stories.